MONTEREY COUNTRY CLUB
MCC NINERS BY-LAWS
REVISED AND AMENDED 2020
ARTICLE I: NAME
This organization shall be known as the “Monterey Country Club Niners Women’s Club”, (thereinafter referred to as the MCC Niners), a non-profit organization.
ARTICLE II: PURPOSE
- To provide a Nine Hole Format and promote golf and sportsmanship in accordance with the Rules of Golf adopted by the USGA and recommendations of the Southern California Golf Association (SCGA)
- To plan, schedule, and conduct golf and social events for the members.
ARTICLE III: MEMBERSHIP
Any woman who is eighteen years of age or over and who has an eligible golf membership* with Monterey Country Club may become a Regular Member of the MCC Niners. (*As stipulated by the Country Club criteria).
ARTICLE IV: MEETINGS
- Annual Meeting: The annual meeting will be held in May for the purpose of installing officers and to conduct other business that may be presented.
- Regular meetings will be held monthly from November through May, unless otherwise scheduled by the Board.
- Special Meetings: Special meetings may be called by the President with written or oral notice to the members stating the purpose of such meeting.
ARTICLE V: DUES
- The fiscal year of the MCC Niners shall be consistent with the calendar year January 1 – December 31st.
- The annual dues shall be determined and collected by the Board and shall be due and payable by December 1st.
- Any member who fails to pay her dues by December 1st shall be considered delinquent and not eligible to compete in any event until reinstated. A late fee will be charged for reinstatement.
- Dues shall not be prorated for any part of the year.
- Money sufficient to cover all outstanding obligations plus a balance of not less than one hundred dollars shall be maintained in the Treasury.
ARTICLE VI: OFFICERS
Elected Officers: Shall be President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. The elected officers and the Adviser shall constitute the Executive Board, which has authority over confidential and sensitive matters. The business and property of the MCC Niners shall be exercised, governed, and controlled by the Board of MCC Niners.
- Appointed Officers: Shall be appointed by the President to include Handicap, Tournament, Membership, Historian, Pars & Birdies, Food & Beverage, and others as she sees fit.
- Immediate Past President: Shall serve in the capacity as Adviser and Parliamentarian.
- The Board is composed of the elected officers, committee chairs, and the immediate past president. All board members have voting rights.
- A meeting of the Board shall be held each month from November thru April. A majority (51%) of the Board must be present in order to conduct business.
- The Executive Board shall fill any vacancy occurring in any of the offices of the Board.
- A term of office shall be two (2) years.
ARTICLE VII: DUTIES OF OFFICERS
- President: Shall preside at all meetings of the MCC Niners and the Board. She shall be an ex-officio member of all committees except the Nominating Committee. She shall have the power to execute all documents on behalf of the MCC Niners and such other authority as may be delegated to her by the Board. She shall, with the approval of the Board, appoint standing or special committees for such purposes as she may designate. She will represent MCC Niners at the Desert Niners Council. She shall, along with the Monterey Country Club staff, Men’s Club, and MCCLGA, set up a calendar of events for the upcoming year.
- Vice President: Shall perform all the duties of the President in her absence and assist the President in carrying out any function the President may request.
- Secretary: Shall keep records of all meetings and attend to all correspondence of the Association. She shall be responsible for posting minutes in the Ladies Locker Room. She shall maintain the By-Laws, minutes, and records electronically.
- Treasurer: Shall keep a full and accurate account of the receipts and disbursements in computer generated financial documents. She along with the President shall be in charge of preparing an annual budget for the current year. She shall present a financial statement each month to the Board and be responsible for posting an approved statement in the Ladies Locker Room. These books shall be audited by a qualified non-board member. Results of the audit shall be posted in the Ladies Locker Room.
ARTICLE VIII: NOMINATION AND ELECTION OF OFFICERS
- The Nominating Committee shall be composed of the following members: Two members selected from the Board at the February meeting and three members selected from the general membership at the February general meeting. The Nominating Committee shall elect its own chairman.
- No member shall be eligible to serve on the Nominating Committee more often than one (1) time in three (3) years.
- Membership on the Nominating Committee shall not deprive its members of the privilege of being a nominee for office.
- Eligibility for nomination as President shall require prior service as an elected officer for at least one year and Board service for one year, totaling two years service.
- A notice shall be posted on the bulletin board identifying the members of the Nominating Committee. Any member desiring a position as an elected officer must notify in writing any member of the Nominating Committee.
- The Chairman of the Nominating Committee shall present the list of nominees at the general meeting in March. The list of nominees shall be posted on the bulletin board until the April general meeting.
- Election of officers shall be held at the April general meeting by those members present. The chairman of the Nominating Committee shall at that time place in nomination the names of the candidates for each elective office. The Chair shall call for any additional nominations from the floor. (A floor nomination must have the written consent of the nominee.) If there is more than one nominee for any office, the election for that office shall be by written ballot. If there is no more than one nominee for each office the election shall be by voice vote.
- Installation of new officers shall be conducted at the general meeting in May.
ARTICLE IX: BY-LAWS AND RULES
These By-Laws may be amended or revised at any regular or special meeting of MCC Niners by a two thirds (2/3) affirmative vote of the members present provided that written notice of the proposed amendment is posted at least ten (10) days prior to voting.
The Board may adopt Standing Rules not in conflict with these by-Laws to conduct the affairs of MCC Niners. Standing Rules may be adopted, amended, or revoked by a majority of the Board.
ARTICLE X: PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
Any matter or procedure in connection with the business of the MCC Niners not specifically covered by these By-Laws shall be governed by Robert’s Rules of Order, Revised.